All in the Mind – Radio 4’s programme about psychology and psychiatry – had an episode on 19/11/13 about psychology research and the contributions it makes to our day-to-day lives. The programme is 25 minutes long and you can download it from iPlayer. Here are a few questions the programme considers:
- is psychology just about ‘researching the bleeding obvious’?
- has introducing psychology as a school subject led to there being more women in science?
- how has psychology influenced politics?
- why don’t psychologists give straight answers?
- is neuroscience taking over from psychology?
Perhaps the most useful part of the programme for AS students is about the use of EWT research and use of the cognitive interview. This section starts at 20 mins 30 secs.